Our History - Thrive 2055
The Thrive 2055 Planning Initiative
Local volunteers actively engaged thousands of people across the region in surveys, polls and public input sessions in identifying the region's top issues and creating the resulting action plan.
Outcomes included unprecedented collaborations in regional economic development, transportation, environment, conservation and education organizations, many of whom had never worked together before on a regional scale.
The objectives of the process were to identify regional values and goals, and build consensus on strategies that could be implemented for the long-term prosperity of the region.
Outcomes of the Visioning Process Were:
- Regional Trends and Forces Report
- Compendium of Public Input
- Regional Vision Handbook
- Thrive 40-year Strategic Action Plan
- Thrive 2055 | UTC Maps Database
- Greater Chattanooga Economic Partnership
- Natural Treasures Map and Vision (A Watershed Moment)
- Comprehensive Collaborative Conservation Partnership
- Regional Higher Education Collaborative
- Consortium of County Sheriffs
- Thriving Communities Creative Placemaking Project
- Regional Transportation Collaborative
- The Thrive Regional Partnership