ENSURE OUR REGION'S NATURAL LEGACY
The abundance of natural beauty and biodiversity in the region is unparalleled in most other places in the world.
The natural environment also sustains the region's people with wholesome food, renewable forests, clean air, fresh water and world-renowned outdoor recreation. Strengthening these natural treasures will strengthen the economic vitality and character of the region, and improve the health of the people and the place that they call home.
One of the goals of the Thrive Regional Partnership is to expand outdoor recreation opportunities, so that everyone in the region has access to our spectacular natural treasures and the will to preserve them.
Watch as one of Thrive's interns takes a lunch break on Chattanooga's Stringers Ridge Park.
Heat Map of the Region's Rare, Threatened and Endangered Species
We are in a Watershed Moment.
As our region experiences a greater influx of people and the resulting footprints of growth and development, a concerted and coordinated effort is needed to protect those natural treasures we hold most dear and preserve the quality of life and unique places we cherish.
- Establish a conservation partnership
- Prepare a regional natural treasures plan
- Connect people and places through nature
- Protect and enhance water quality
- Create new and expanded regional outdoor recreation opportunities
- Conserve and protect key scenic, cultural and working landscapes
- Strengthen the economic vitality and character of the region through responsible stewardship of the region's natural treasures and nature-based economic development
- Improve the health of the region's people through access to natural treasures, clean and abundant water, local food and outdoor recreation